Baby Beetroot Salad
Meets Dietary Restrictions
- 1 Roasted Pint Nut Hommus
- 8 Of each golden, target and purple baby beetroot
- 50ml Walnut or hazelnut oil
- 80ml White wine or champagne vinegar
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon caster sugar
- 3 Sprigs thyme
- 50g Mixed leaves including beetroot
- 1 Small handful of dill sprigs
1. Preheat an oven to 170C.
2. Wash and gently scrub beetroots to remove any dirt and grit. Trim leaves, leaving an inch or 2 of stalk intact. If desired leave a few of the smaller leaves also as these will crisp up nicely in the oven.
3. Arrange over a baking paper lined oven tray or 2, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Place walnut oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar and thyme leaves/sprigs in a bowl and whisk to combine.
5. Take the larger beetroots and cut into quarters, the medium sided beetroots in half and the smallest leave whole. Place in a bowl and drizzle over dressing, tossing to combine.
6. Dollop and gently spread Obela Roasted Pine Nut Hommus over serving plates so that it somewhat resembles waves, arrange beetroot over the Obela Roasted Pine Nut Hommus and dress with baby mixed leaves and dill sprigs.